The client, a very talented painter, is inspired by landscapes of chaos. This lead to the concept behind the design: order versus chaos or man versus nature.
- Removed Lawn: removed the large turf area in the back of this Brokentop residence and replaced the existing lawn with usable patio space.
- Removed Sprinkler System: all irrigation in the backyard was removed and retrofitted with a low water drip irrigation system.
- Built a Flagstone Patio: the flagstone patio is a 2″ mahogany flagstone with a Xtreme Poly to fill the joints.
- Removed the Water feature: the existing water feature was decommissioned and turned into a fire feature within the patio. We plumbed a 3/4″ fusion gas line with a simple valve so the owners had the ability to have a large flame fire feature or smaller flames depending on preference.
- Created a Privacy Barrier: we added some berms and trees to create privacy and lots of perennials for seasonal color.
- Built an Outdoor Kitchen: we also built an outdoor kitchen on the back patio.